Antigua and Barbuda Quick Facts
- One of the Caribbean’s most prosperous nations
- Major language: English
- Area: 442 sq km
- Population: 95,000
- GDP: USD 2.4 billion
- GDP per capita: USD 26,300
- Tourism continues to dominate the economy of Antigua and Barbuda, accounting for 60% of GDP and 40% of investment
Passport of Antigua and Barbuda allows visa-free access to over 150 countries, including the UK, Schengen countries, Hong Kong and Singapore.
There are four main ways of acquiring citizenship:
- Contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF) of USD 100,000 for a family of 1-4; USD 125,000 for a family of 5 or more.
- Investment in Real Estate projects (to be held for at least five years) of at least USD 400,000, pre-approved by the Government. Alternatively, two related parties can make a joint investment, with each applicant investing a minimum of USD 200,000 to qualify.
- Investment in Government pre-approved business, either independently or as a joint investment. If as an independent investment: at least USD 1,500,000. Alternatively, as a joint investment where each person invests min. USD 400,000 (with a total investment min USD 5,000,000).
- A contribution to the University of the West Indies Fund. Only permitted for families of at least six members, USD 150,000 (including government processing fees for a family of six).
The fees mentioned above (except contribution to the University, which includes processing fees) do not include the following additional administrative fees:
- Processing fee USD 30,000 (for a family of 1-4) plus USD 15,000 for any additional person
- Due diligence fee of USD 7,500 for principal applicant, USD 7,500 for a spouse (there is no due diligence fee for children under 12 years old; USD 2,000 for children aged 12-17 and USD 4,000 per dependent 18 and over)
- USD 300 passport fee per person
- USD 17,500 for licensed agent fee.
- Overall – additional USD 63,700 for a family of 4 with children under 12 years old.
Successful applicants may acquire the passport in approximately 3 – 4 months.
Moderate due diligence process.
- Visa-free access to over 150 countries (Schengen area, the UK, Singapore and Hong Kong)
- Personal security (comfort and security in the event of political and social upheavals)
- The single investment covers an entire family of 4
- Ranked as number one program in the Caribbean region and number four worldwide
- No language test
- Negligible minimal stay requirement (five days over five years)
Citizenship is not open to Afghanistan, North Korea, Somalia, Yemen and Sudan, Iran and Iraq, unless they satisfy rigorous conditions.