Establish citizenship in a politically stable, tax-friendly country with a prosperous economy and great opportunities and conditions for investment. The sun-soaked shores of Malta are waiting for you!
Your Maltese citizenship grants you the following advantages:
- Citizenship in a well-respected, economically, and politically stable European country.
- Eligibility may also extend to the applicant’s dependents, including spouses or partners in a relationship, children up to the age of 28, parents and grandparents under specific terms.
- Maltese citizenship is inherited by descendants, even if born outside of Malta, which includes the right to live, work, and study in any of the EU countries and Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Iceland.
- Visa-free travel to over 184 countries in the world, including the UK, USA, and Canada.
- A high standard of living.
- Top educational opportunities. Malta has an array of private and public schools to choose from. Your children can also attend the University of Malta for free and receive a stipend.
- Free healthcare in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Stability and security. Malta has one of the lowest crime rates in Europe and has been a member of the EU since 2004.
Maltese Citizenship for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment (CBE)
The Maltese Citizenship for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment (CBE) is the easiest way to attain Maltese citizenship. Within approximately 12 or 36 months (depending on chosen option), you can receive your Maltese passport with all the attached benefits.
When you complete the first part of the application for the CBE, the residence application stage, you will attain your Schengen Residence status. This status is valid until the issue of a passport.
The Maltese Citizenship by Direct Investment program provides an individual with an opportunity to become a Maltese citizen after investing in Malta as per the requirements of the Regulations.
The eligibility criteria for Maltese Citizenship for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment (CBE) is very well defined. Integritas’ seasoned experts are ready to guide you through the process.
Read more about the Maltese Citizenship for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment (CBE).
Responsibilities of a Maltese Citizen
Every individual who acquires citizenship will be expected to act within the boundaries of the Constitution of Malta and Maltese laws and act in the State’s best interest.
If such an individual decides to be registered for tax purposes in Malta, they would have to pay taxes annually. Obtaining Maltese citizenship does not mean one will be taxed in Malta. The taxation depends on the country of tax residency.
The Constitution of Malta requires all citizens to exercise their civil rights by exercising voting rights. However, this is only valid if the individual has been a resident of Malta for six months preceding the eighteen months before an election.
Other Ways of Obtaining Maltese Citizenship
Other means of acquiring Maltese citizenship are Citizenship by Birth, Marriage, or by Naturalisation.
Interested in learning about your current residency entitlement or eligibility for permanent Maltese residency? Contact us today for more detailed information.