The Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment grants Maltese Citizenship to HNWIs who contribute to the economic development of Malta.
The applicant has two options to attain citizenship depending on the size of non-refundable investment to the Government of Malta. Citizenship can be achieved either in 36 months for a reduced investment of €600,000 for the main applicant or 12 months with an investment of €750,000. Plus €50,000 for each dependent included in the application.
Also, the applicant has to lease a residential property in Malta for a min. annual rent of €16,000. Alternatively, purchase a residential property in Malta having a min. value of €700,000. Such qualifying property is to be held for a minimum period of five (5) years from the date of issuance of the certificate of naturalisation.
All applicants are subject to strict due diligence.
The benefits include:
- Citizenship in a well-respected, economically, and politically stable European country
- Citizenship status that is inherited by future generations even if born outside of Malta
- Freedom to travel to 184 countries including the USA, Canada, and Australia
- Right to live, work, and study in all 27 EU as Malta has been a member of EU since 2004, as well as Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland
- Eligibility may also extend to the applicant’s dependents including spouses or partners in a relationship, children up to the age of 28, parents and grandparents under specific terms.
Want to know more? Download our brochure and understand everything about Malta Citizenship by Investment!