Succession tax planning is a necessary process that can help minimise the amount of tax payable on your death. If you are based in Malta, several trust structures and exemption schemes may be applicable in your case. Therefore, it is essential to seek professional advice when undertaking succession tax planning, as there are many rules and regulations that need to be considered.
Our experienced lawyers and tax professionals can help you navigate the complex Maltese tax system and ensure that your succession planning goes smoothly.
Malta Succession Tax Planning Services
Our lawyers and accountants offer long-term personal tax planning solutions to save your heirs from hefty tax bills. We can assist you with the following:
- Offer tax-efficient succession structures
- Assist with stamp duties and tax considerations
- Guide you through the efficient use of trusts, foundations, and other vehicles
- Guide in donations vs. inheritance considerations
- Ensure usufruct considerations
- Assist in ensuring compliance
- Review of the current structure of ownership
- Provide plans for disposal, transfers, and restructuring
- Advice on the structuring of the Board of Directors and distribution of voting rights and dividends
- Provide tailor-made shareholders’ agreements
Have a long-term tax plan for your family and secure proper succession planning for you and your heirs.